Avila University’s food service is provided by Great Western Dining and is committed to offering you a daily menu that offers a wide variety of great-tasting selections. We encourage you to share your comments and feedback with any of our food service staff.
We are here to serve you!
For Catering needs please contact the Catering Office at 816.501.3755 or Sue.firstname.lastname@example.org or click our catering guide link with prices and a function sheet to request catering for your next event.
Check our website often for the latest news on upcoming special events and other information pertaining to dining on campus.
Have a GGWD!
(Great, Great Western Day)
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
Breakfast 7:20 am-9:00 am
Continental Breakfast 9:00 am-11:30 am
Lunch 11:30 am-1:00 pm
Soup and Salad 1:00 pm-5:00 pm
Dinner 5:00 pm-7:00 pm
Dinner ( Friday) 5:00 pm-6:30 pm
Saturday & Sunday
Brunch 10:30-12:30 pm
Soup and Salad 12:30-5:30 pm
Dinner 5:30 pm-6:30 pm
How do I add points?
Points can be added to your meal plan in increments of $25 with cash or check payable to Avila University through the Dining Services Office in the Marian Center.
What if I’m allergic to some food ingredients?
Contact the Food Service Director, Nancy White, at 816-501-0422 or email: email@example.com
I have questions about my meal plan. Who do I ask?
Contact your FSD in person, by phone at 816.501.0422, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Beak N Bean
Avila University is proud to offer affordable Caribou Coffee to campus to address the caffeine needs of the students, faculty, staff, and visitors at Avila University.
Our talented baristas will whip up your favorite specialty drink to keep you happy and hydrated. Visit the Beak & Bean Coffee Shop in the Marian Centre (Building #7) for coffee and fresh-baked goods in the morning or for coffee, tea, quick to-go sandwich, salad, and outstanding service anytime.
Convenient and welcoming, it’s the perfect place to take a study or work break. Avila Bucks are accepted.
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday: 7:30 am-4:00 pm
*Hours may vary according to Christmas break, Spring break & summer.
Subway is located in the lower Whitfield Center.
Great Western Catering
Our Catering Guide includes menu options. Call catering office for pricing, 816.501.3755.
If you are interested in booking an event with us, below are instructions on how to book a catering.
Avila employees and student organizations
- Book your meeting room through Ad Astra.
- Contact facilities for room set up and needs.
- Complete the Catering Request Form at least five business days prior to the event and e-mail it to Sue.email@example.com. If the request is less than five days prior to the event, the event is not guaranteed to be accepted. Late fee may be applied*
- Put the account number on the form to assure we charge the correct department.
- If Great Western Dining doesn’t reply with an email to state form was received, please call the office at 816.501.3755.
- Contact the catering office with a confirmed number in attendance for the catering 72 hours prior to the event.
Community organizations/Off-Campus Parties
- Book your meeting room through the Facilities Office by calling 816.501.3629.
- Complete the Catering Request Form at least five business days prior to the event and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the request is less than five days prior to the event, the event is not guaranteed to be accepted. Late fee may be applied*
- Contact the Director of Food Services with a confirmed number in attendance for the catering 72 hours prior to the event.
- If tax exempt, please provide a letter prior to the event to avoid sales tax.
- There will be a 2.5% fee on any invoices paid by credit card.
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact our catering manager!