- Mission & Values
- Centers & Initiatives
- Administrative Offices
- Map and Directions
- Feed Your Friends
Avila by the Numbers
Avila University, a Catholic University founded and inspired by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, is a values-based community of learning providing liberal arts, professional, undergraduate and graduate education to prepare students for responsible lifelong contributions to the global community. Avila is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
We currently have 102 international students on campus from all over the world. Countries include: Benin, Brazil, Cameroon, Canada, Peoples Republic of China, Colombia, France, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Pakistan, State of Palestine, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Venezuela, and Vietnam.
- Average transfer student GPA is 3.0
- 18% of transfer students live on campus
- 66% are female, 34% male.
Gender, Marital Status and Religion
- 66% to 34% Female to Male
- 83% of students are single,
- 14% are married, and
- 3% head household
- 23% of students are Catholic.
Graduation and Alumni
- Avila graduated 247 undergraduate students and 152 graduate students in academic year 2018-2019
- 14,000+ alumni making a difference in every state and in many countries throughout the world.
Most Popular Declared Majors
|Undergraduate (Including Adult Undergraduate students)|
|Business Administration (Adult)|
|Healthcare Management (Adult)|
|Criminology & Justice Studies|
|Business Administration (MBA)|
|Organizational Development (MS)|
|Counseling Psychology (MS)|
“The faculty at Avila always made themselves available. Whenever I had a question or concern, personal or professional, I felt as though the faculty had my best interests at heart.”Dariah Wixon / Counseling Psychology