- Mission & Values
- Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Map and Directions
- Centers & Initiatives
- Administrative Offices
- Feed Your Friends
Avila by the Numbers
Avila University, a Catholic University founded and inspired by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, is a values-based community of learning providing liberal arts, professional, undergraduate and graduate education to prepare students for responsible lifelong contributions to the global community. Avila is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
We currently have 27 international students on campus from all over the world. Countries include Brazil, Colombia, France, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Malaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Viet Nam.
- Average transfer student GPA is 3.08
- 14% of transfer students live on campus
- 43% are female, 57% male.
Gender, Marital Status and Religion
- 64% to 36% Female to Male
- 75% of students are single,
- 9% are married, and
- 16% are other/unknown
- 21% of students are Catholic.
Graduation and Alumni
- Avila conferred 281 Bachelor’s degrees to 268 students and 91 graduate degrees, certificates, and certifications in academic year 2021-2022
- 14,000+ alumni making a difference in every state and in many countries throughout the world.
Most Popular Declared Majors
Undergraduate (Including Adult Undergraduate students)
|Professional Health Sciences|
|Criminology & Justice Studies|
|Counseling Psychology (MS)|
|Business Administration (MBA)|
|Organizational Development Psychology (MS)|
“The faculty at Avila always made themselves available. Whenever I had a question or concern, personal or professional, I felt as though the faculty had my best interests at heart.”Dariah Wixon / Counseling Psychology