- Life at Avila
- Dining Services
- Student Success Center
- Title IX
- Health Services
- The Arts at Avila
- Campus Safety
- Student Experience
- Campus Ministry
- Truman Lecture Series
All Are Welcome!
Mass is celebrated every Sunday at 11 a.m. from August to May while classes are in session: Please note that Masses are not being held until fall of 2021 due to COVID-19.
We encourage all Avila students, especially residents, to build our spiritual community by attending Mass on campus in Orscheln Chapel in Foyle Hall on Sundays during the school year. The public is invited to join us.
Holy Day and other special Masses
- November 1 – 4 p.m.
- December 8 – 4 p.m.
- December 24 Christmas Vigil – Music: 4:45 p.m.; Mass: 5 p.m.
- Ash Wednesday – 4 p.m.
- Easter Sunday – 11 a.m.
We invite all interested to be a:
- Eucharistic Minister
- Sacrament of Reconciliation offered by appointment with the Chaplain. Contact Fr. Keith Branson at Keith.Branson@avila.edu.
- For information on baptism contact David.Armstrong@avila.edu
- If you are interested in being confirmed contact David.Armstrong@avila.edu
- If you are interested in marriage preparation contact David.Armstrong@avila.edu
- If you are interested in learning more about being Catholic contact either Fr. Keith Branson or Dave Armstrong
- Weddings: The chapel is available for weddings. For information contact David.Armstrong@avila.edu
- Chapel: To inquire about use of the chapel all approvals must go through David.Armstrong@avila.edu
Christmas Vigil Mass
December 24, 2022, at 4:45 p.m.
All are welcome, but before you make your reservation, please read:
- Space is very limited. Reservations will be taken on a first-come-first, served basis.
- The reservation deadline is December 17th. Reservations can be placed after the deadline but you will need to look for an e-mail verification that we have space available.
- Please do not overbook for your party and should your numbers change, please let me know at the email address below.
- Please tell all your party members to arrive before 4:40 p.m. so not to disturb the setting with the music that begins at 4:45 p.m. with Mass at 5 p.m.
- Please do not come to the service if you have a fever or any cold-like symptoms. Email any last minute cancellations to me at the email address below.
- Know that the size of our venue will not allow for social distancing. If this is a concern, please do not make a reservation.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail. Should you have any questions or do not receive the confirmation, contact Dave at David.firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)– or at 816-501-2423.
- Should a circumstance (weather or other) occur that affects the status of this Mass, you will receive a text at the phone number given.
Director of Mission & Ministry