Art + Design Scholarships
Open to all undergraduate art majors (Art Education, Art Therapy, Graphic Design). Grants are for $500 - $2000 annually, based on the discretion of the grant advisor.
- Full-time student majoring in art
- Regular admissions status (if student is provisional admit, student must attain regular status at the completion of first academic year.)
- Personal interview with Art + Design faculty
- Letter of recommendation from high school or college instructor, counselor, or other appropriate representative (internship or work supervisor, coaches, adult media club director, etc.)
- Work hours for the department in art or design related tasks (ex. tech support in Mac lab or help with gallery exhibition) for 8-20 hours a semester, depending on grant amount.
Your portfolio should include 12 – 20 pieces of recent work. Drawings and photographs do not have to be matted or framed. You should select artwork that represents the variety and quality of your capabilities as an artist. Show your ability to draw from life, rather than from printed photographs. We will look for evidence of originality, creativity, technical skill, and knowledge and versatility of media and subject, as well as an understanding of color, composition and design.
You can submit your portfolio in a number of ways: bring the actual work to campus for a review, email pdf of digital files, or provide a CD or flash drive. It’s recommended that you visit and meet with a faculty member of the Art + Design Department.
In order to renew, you must
- Enroll in minimum of 15 hours of AR credits each year.
- Maintain full-time student status
- Maintain a 3.0 in art courses taken at Avila.
- Fulfill the work hour requirement.
If you have any questions, and to set up an interview with portfolio review, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.