We are glad you are considering a transfer to Avila University. Transferring your SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) record from one U.S. university to another involves a specific process. This page will outline all of the steps you need to know.
- Obtain admission to the new U.S. university where you plan to transfer.
- Receive the new Form I-20 from the admitting university.
- To review entry requirements and apply, please click here
- Inform the international student advisor at your current university about your intention to transfer.
- Work with your current international student advisor to initiate the SEVIS transfer process in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).
- Your advisor will update your SEVIS record with the transfer-out information.
- Complete the and send Avila Transfer Form when you advise your current university about transferring out. – Students transferring in are to follow the transfer procedures set forth by the transfer-out school.
- Agree on a SEVIS transfer release date with your current international student advisor.
- The release date is the date when your SEVIS record is transferred to the new university.
- Continue to maintain your F-1 student status until the SEVIS transfer release date.
- Attend classes and follow all immigration regulations during this period.
- After the SEVIS transfer release date, Avila will issue a new Form I-20 with the SEVIS transfer pending remark.
- This I-20 indicates that your SEVIS record is in the process of being transferred.
- If you leave the U.S. after the SEVIS transfer release date, you must use the new university’s Form I-20 for reentry.
- Ensure that you have all necessary documents for reentry, including a valid visa.
- Upon arrival at the new university, complete any required check-in procedures with the international student office.
- Avila has created a pre-arrival form to help facilitate easy arrival.
- Complete any required SEVIS registration processes at the new university.
- Ensure that your SEVIS record is transferred and active at the new institution.
- Update your local address in SEVIS and with the new university’s international student office.
- Participate in Avila Orientation for International and new students.
- Continue to comply with all F-1 visa regulations to maintain your status at the new university.
Remember, it’s crucial to work closely with the international student advisors at both your current and new universities throughout this process, as they can provide specific guidance based on their institution’s procedures. Additionally, always check with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or the designated school official (DSO) for any updates or changes to the SEVIS transfer process.
Note- A deposit will be required to secure your place on the program. This information will be provided to you after you have been admitted into Avila University.