Security and safety concerns on the campus are addressed 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
Avila University encourages accurate and prompt reporting of all crimes to Campus Safety Officers, professional staff members or local law enforcement. The University can assist victims in reporting crimes if they are unable to make the reports themselves.
The Annual Security Report, in compliance with the 'Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act', is linked at the lower right in the gold box, and will provide you with the full PDF document. This Report contains information on campus security and personal safety, including crime prevention, university law-enforcement authority, crime reporting policies, disciplinary procedures, and other important matters about security on campus. It also contains statistics for the three previous calendar years on reported crimes that occurred on or adjacent to campus.
Campus Safety is responsible for:
- Deterring crime on campus
- Distributing parking permits and student IDs
- Issuing parking tickets
- Locking and unlocking buildings
- Issuing keys
- Crowd control and parking control at events on University property
- Monitoring the alarm system
- Maintaining the "safe walk" program to walk individuals to and from their vehicles when requested
- First responding to student assistance needs
- Assisting the University with crime reporting, theft or vandalism
- Helping provide a safe and secure environment for students and employees to learn, work, and grow.