- Center for Student Excellence
- Student Access Office
- TRIO Programs
- Student Financial Services
- Avila Care Team
- Academic Success and Tutoring Services
- Counseling Services
- Advising & Registration Guide
- Meet the CSE Staff
KC Scholars Student Support
Avila is proud to be part of the KC Scholars Postsecondary Network. Learn more about the variety of support services KC Scholars at Avila have access to below.
KC Scholars students are encouraged to:
- Attend at least two success workshops each semester
- Check in with the Persistence Specialist at least once each semester
- Develop an academic success plan and improve upon it throughout the school year
- Attend one of the KC Scholars social events each semester
- Reach out when they need help or have questions
Office of Student Success
Success Coaching, within the Office of Student Success, provides students with academic success planning, goal setting, success workshops, assistance with the registration process, and other holistic support to ensure students have every opportunity to graduate on time.
Your on-campus KC Scholar contact is Maya Tilmon, Persistence Specialist. Her email is email@example.com and her office phone number is 816-501-3746.
- If you want to set up a meeting with Maya, please follow this link: https://avila.campus.eab.com/pal/ekOVv3LFNL .
- Choose Student Success for the appointment area then choose “KC Scholars Check-In” for the meeting topic.
TRIO Student Support Services
Another great resource for KC Scholars on campus is TRIO Student Support Services.
TRIO is a program designed for first-generation students. They provide workshops, social events, advising, tutoring, computer use, mentoring, financial literacy and planning, and FAFSA/financial aid assistance. Students must apply and be accepted into the TRIO program in order to participate.
Students in TRIO are required to:
- Meet with one of the academic coordinators on a regular basis
- Attend a certain number of workshops each semester
For questions or more information about the TRIO program, please contact Sara Eckinger, Director of TRIO Student Support Services. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org and her office phone number is 816-501-2439
KC Scholar Benefits
- Admissions waive the enrollment deposit fee for incoming KC Scholar students
Other resources and opportunities on campus:
- Office of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion – Dr. J. Anthony Snorgrass, Vice President of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Diverse Student Organizations like the Black Student Union and Society of Latinos
- Black Student Union and Society of Latinos
KC Scholars are also encouraged to learn their top agilities by taking an Agilities assessment offered by the DeBruce Foundation.
- Take a short quiz that lets you know what your top agilities (skills) are! Once you know your agilities, you can learn about what majors and careers would suit you.
- Take the Quiz
- Explore Careers that match up with your agilities
- See the top agilities for certain careers