If you’re struggling with a class, or even just a single assignment, Avila’s certified tutoring program can help. Fellow students are here to help you master subjects from math and writing to computers and anatomy. The Writing Center can also assist you with all writing assignments.
Courses we tutor:
- MA 051 (Math Fundamentals)
- MA 092 (Mathematical Literacy)
- MA 116 (Techno Mathematics)
- MA 120 (College Algebra)
- MA 125 (Precalculus)
- MA 241 (Calculus & Analytic Geometry I)
- BI 111 (General Biology) Cells & Genes
- BI 112 (General Biology Ecology and Evolution)
- BI 220 (Human Anatomy and Physiology)
- BI 250 (General Microbiology)
- BI 325 (Pathophysiology)
- CH 131 (General Chemistry I)
- SP 111 (Fundamentals of Spanish I)
- SP 112 (Fundamentals of Spanish II)
Joining or or starting a study group can be extremely helpful. Groups of three to five students meet once or twice a week to make sure they’re on top of their coursework and prepare for tests. Many students report that talking about course material and quizzing others helps them remember the material better than studying on their own.
If you need tutoring, or are interested in a study group, visit the Student Success Center in Hodes, or call 816.501.3666.