Take Full Advantage
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Council on Exercise
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Collegiate Strength & Conditioning Coaches Association
- Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification
- National Academy of Sports Medicine
- National Athletic Trainers Association
- National Strength and Conditioning Association
- National Strength and Conditioning Association Certification
- USA Weightlifting
- Avila’s Kinesiology Program Receives NSCA-CASCE AccreditationAfter a lengthy, two-year process involving self-study, site visits, meetings, and CASCE board review, Avila’s Kinesiology program has received initial undergraduate accreditation through the National Strength and Conditioning Association – Council on Accreditation of Strength and Conditioning Education (NSCA-CASCE). “Avila University was…
- Avila Commencement Celebrates 391 New GraduatesAvila University Welcomes its 105th Graduating Class During commencement exercises on May 14 at Municipal Auditorium in Kansas City, the Colleges of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences, Science & Health, and Professional Schools held individual graduation ceremonies for undergraduate and graduate degree…
- Four Avila University Students Inducted Into AED Honor SocietyOn April 6th, 2022, Emilia Filby: Professional Health Science (Pre-Med/Pre-Pharm), Alexis Bates: Kinesiology, Michael Pinzino: Kinesiology, and Samantha Smith Professional Health Science (Pre-Occupational Therapy), were inducted into Alpha Epsilon Delta (AED). Alpha Epsilon Delta serves as an honor society and a service…
- Nearly 400 Graduate During In-Person Commencement ExercisesAvila University Welcomes its Latest Graduates During commencement exercises on May 15 at Municipal Auditorium in Kansas City, the Colleges of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences, Science & Health and Professional Schools held individual graduation ceremonies for undergraduate and graduate degree earners…
- More than 400 Undergraduates Named to Dean’s ListMore than 400 undergraduate students at Avila University earned dean’s list distinction for the spring 2020 semester. The dean’s list comprises undergraduate students who meet requirements in the Colleges of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, Professional Schools and Science and Health. All…
- Sports Psychology SymposiumThe Avila Kinesiology program is hosting a Sport Psychology Symposium January 18-19. Dr. Michael Norwood and Dr. Gerald Larson are co-facilitators. …
- Avila Kinesiology Hosts NSCA-CSCS Exam Prep ClinicThe Avila Kinesiology program, in collaboration with the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), is hosting a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) Exam Preparation Live Clinic May 19-20, 2018….
- Welcome Brian Ciolek to the Kinesiology Department (August 2014)Brian holds numerous coaching/sports certifications including Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (CSCCa), Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA), Registered Strength and Conditioning Coach (NSCA), and Tactical Strength and Conditioning Coach (NSCA). …
- NCSA-ERP ApprovalThe Avila Kinesiology curriculum has been approved as meeting the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) criteria recommended for acceptance into their Strength and Conditioning Education Recognition Program (ERP)….
- The Avila Golf Biomechanics Lab is Here!The Avila Golf Biomechanics Lab represents a unique and transformative collaboration between the Avila University kinesiology and golf programs….