38th Annual Steer Dinner Success!
Nearly 600 alumni, faculty, staff and friends of Avila University came together to support Avila University at the 38th Annual Steer Dinner & Auction on Saturday, February 15, 2014. Under the leadership of Dave ’76 and Geri Frantze, honorary chairs, and Kenneth and Marilyn Hager, event chairs, $773,100 was raised.
Guests enjoyed a delicious steak and seafood dinner, a spirited live and silent auction, had fun in the photo booth, and danced the night away to the Saucy Jack Band.
Special thanks to Steer Dinner sponsors:
- Teresa of Avila Sponsor: The Victor E. and Caroline E. Schutte Foundation – Trust E
- St. Joseph Sponsors: Anonymous, Joe and Sue Fahey, John and Nancy McCarthy, Victor E. Speas Foundation
- Carondelet Sponsors: Jessie Fuller-Clark and Steven Clark, Dave ’76 and Geri Frantze, The Goppert Foundation, Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet
- Social Host Sponsor: J.M. Fahey Construction
- Wine Sponsor: Glazer’s
- Windmoor Sponsors: Catherin V. Merrill Foundation, Great Western Dining, Kenneth and Marilyn Hager, Tom and Jeanne Olofson ’92, ’94, ‘11
- Windmoor Sponsors: Bill Waris Scholarship Fund, Building Control Solutions, Cerner, DST Systems, Kevin and Connie Fahey, Robert and Michelle Hunter, Christine Ojile ’82, Orscheln Foundation, Dr. Ron and Suzanne Slepitza, Stinson Leonard Street, Tom and Sharon McCullough, Robert E. Miller Group, US Bank, Euronet Worldwide
- The Dear Neighbor Sponsor: Country Club Bank
- St. Teresa Sponsors: Anonymous, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cliff and Bonne Illig Family Foundation, JE Dunn Construction, KCUMB, Massman Construction, St. Teresa’s Academy, Trozzolo Communications Group
Special thanks to the Steer Dinner Committee, who worked tirelessly leading up to the big night: Bailey Carr ’09, ’12, Stephen Dunn, Dave ’76 and Geri Frantze, Jessie Fuller-Clark, Kenneth and Marilyn Hager, Angie Heer, Vanessa Herring, Keith Jaloma, Karen MacLean, Lauren McCarthy ’07, Deanna Nelson, Maureen Reardon, and Robin Rowland ’13.
Additional thanks to Len Jennings, master of ceremony, The Nigro Brothers, our auctioneers, Teri Martin, the Avila University Singers, the Avila Drumline, and Todd Norris Productions.
For more information about the 2015 Steer Dinner and Auction, please contact Robin Rowland at 816-501-2450 or email email@example.com.
Click here to take survey.