Kansas City is an amazing place to go to college!
Students who attend college in Kansas City (KC) have access to innovative start-up businesses and large multinational corporations, which are ideal for internships, research experiences, and career-making opportunities.
Home to more than 100 BBQ restaurants, 29 lakes, 134 miles of trails and bikeways, a vibrant arts scene, world-class dining, and museums like the Nelson-Adkins Art Museum, Harry S. Truman Presidential Library, and the National World War I Museum and Memorial. And if you’re a sports fan, you’ll love that Kansas City is home to four professional sports teams, including the Kansas City Chiefs (American Football), Sporting KC (Major League Soccer), KC Current (National Women’s Soccer League) and the KC Royals (Major League Baseball).
KC offers something for everyone.
FIFA World Cup 2026 Host City
Why Study in Kansas City?
Another great thing about KC is that it’s so centrally located in the United States. The city is just a few hours’ drive from some of the most popular destinations in the country, like Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, and New York City. Plus, Kansas City International Airport offers flights to destinations worldwide, making it easy to travel from KC to anywhere in the world.
But once you’re in Kansas City, why go anywhere else? The city is full of events, festivals, and activities that make it easy to stay connected while in school. Plus, Kansas City is an incredibly affordable place to live. With rent rates below the U.S. average and a relatively low cost of living, it’s easy to find an affordable place to call home while attending college in KC.
Kansas City is a great city for college students and families alike. Whether you’re looking for exciting nightlife, award-winning museums, or the great outdoors, Kansas City has something to offer everyone. From its stunning scenery to its excellent job opportunities and cultural attractions, Kansas City is one of the best cities to attend college! So if you’re looking for a vibrant and diverse college experience with plenty of the world’s tastiest barbeque, look no further than Kansas City!
You won’t regret it. Kansas City is an amazing place to go to college!
Kansas City is a FIFA World Cup 2026 Host City!
Fast Facts About Kansas City
Kansas City is in the middle of it all!
- Kansas City is a day’s drive from Minneapolis, Chicago, Dallas, Nashville, Louisville, and Denver.
- A three-hour flight takes you to either coast of the United States.
- The 29th most populated metropolitan area in the United States.
- The metropolitan area straddles the state line of Missouri and Kansas. The metro area covers 8,472 square miles (21,940 square kilometers) and includes the cities of Kansas City, Missouri (where Avila Univesity is located) and Kansas City, Kansas.
People are talking about Kansas City.
- Conde Nast Traveler named Kansas City one of the 23 best places in the United States to visit in 2023.
- MSN selected Kansas City as the #3 favorite city to visit in the U.S.
- CNBC recognized Kansas City as the world’s best travel and remote work destination.
- Kansas City ranks as the eighth-hottest U.S. job market.
- Brookings recognized Kansas City as a “rising star” for technology jobs.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Kansas City #10 Best Getaway in the Midwest.
- Time2play named Kansas City the #2 top city across the United States and Canada.
- Kansas City’s strong folk music scene is ranked #2 best in the U.S.
- Financial Times named Kansas City a top 10 U.S. city for foreign business.
- The Kansas City region ranks #3 in the nation for high-paying occupations, according to U.S. News & World Report.
- Overland Park (a suburb of Kansas City) was voted the #1 top farmers’ market in the United States.
- CNN Travel named Kansas City one of 22 “refreshingly underrated” travel destinations.
Coming Soon to Kansas City
- Kansas City will have a new airport in March 2023 and a new, premier sports and entertainment venue for the National Women’s Soccer League’s Kansas City Current club in 2024.