This event will be held virtually/online. Additional information regarding how to attend or log on to the event can be found on the individual event page or in the event calendar description.
Are you a career-changer?
Did you earn your degree in an area outside of education?
Learn what it takes to earn your teaching certification and start teaching in the K-12 classroom. The information session will cover:
- Missouri & Kansas certification requirements
- Routes to certification
- Employment outlook for teachers, including high need schools and subject areas
- Introduction to Avila University – Mission & Values
- Avila’s Master-degree options for obtaining your teaching certification
- Details & highlights of Avila’s teacher certification programs (courses, format, length)
- Admission process & tuition rate
All Information Sessions will be conducted virtually through Zoom at this time. You will receive the Zoom invitation and instructions through email on the day prior to the session start date.
*Attendance at an Information Session is an admission requirement into a teacher certification program.