School of Education: Graduate Programs

Graduate Education

Already a teacher?

If you are already certified, look primarily at our MAEd in Curriculum & Instruction program to advance your career and salary as a classroom teacher, or upgrade your existing teaching certification to an Advanced Certification. Our Literacy program allows you to add an Advanced Certification in Special Reading and our TESL program allows you to add an Advanced Certification in ELL. Students may choose to just pursue the Advanced Certification to add to their credentials without completing a full master’s degree.

Looking to sharpen your skills with Special Education students in your classroom or add the Special Education certification to your credentials through exam? Our Graduate Certificate in Special Education will prepare you in your transition!

Want to be a teacher?

If your undergraduate degree did not lead to teaching certification, browse certification options within our Graduate Initial Certification program to become certified to teach in Missouri , with the option to easily add Kansas licensure. This program easily bridges into our MAEd in Curriculum & Instruction program once certification is earned.

*If you don’t have a bachelor’s degree yet, you’ll want to start with a BS or a BA in Education degree program.

Don’t want to teach K-12?

We offer a Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) program that focuses on teaching adults, either abroad or in non-traditional adult education classroom environments.

This program does not require any previous teaching experience or certifications.

Graduate Academic Programs

MAEd in Curriculum and Instruction

MAEd in Literacy (K-12 Special Reading advanced certification)

MAEd in TESL (K-12 ELL advanced certification)

Initial certification offered in the following subject areas:

  • Elementary Education (1-6)
  • K-12 Education
    • Art
    • Music: Instrumental
    • Music: Vocal
    • Physical Education
    • Special Education
  • Middle School Education (5-9)
    • Language Arts
    • Mathematics
    • Science
    • Social Studies
  • Secondary Education (9-12)
    • Biology
    • Business
    • Chemistry
    • English
    • Marketing
    • Social Studies
    • Speech & Theater

K-12 ELL

K-12 Special Reading

Go back to the top