Become a Teacher Leader!
Advance your teaching career & salary with Avila’s MAEd in Curriculum & Instruction. This program is designed to develop the skills necessary for classroom teachers to become a Teacher Leader. Coursework will include a more in-depth study of learning theory, curriculum models, data literacy and assessment, change management, and effective leadership techniques for teacher leaders.
Core Required Courses (18 hours):
- ED 609 Data Literacy & Development (3)
- ED 615 Theories of Learning (3)
- ED 616 Responsive Teaching (3)
- ED 626 Teacher Leader (3)
- ED 630 Advanced Curriculum & Instruction (3)
- ED 689 Educational Research (3)
Elective Courses (15 hours):
- ED 604 Trauma & Mental Health Issues in K-12 Settings (3)
- ED 614 Managing A Culturally Diverse Classroom (3)
- ED 617 Theories of Behavior (3)
- ED 620 Rethinking Learning Spaces (3)
- ED 622 Teaching & Learning in Online Environment K-12 (3)
*Students may transfer in up to 9 credit hours to fulfill elective hour requirements.
Program Highlights & Benefits
- 100% Online Program
- No GRE or Admission Test
- No Weekend Classes
- Eight-week classes. Focus on one class at a time.
- Transfer in up to nine previous graduate hours
- Several enrollment start dates throughout the year – every eight weeks
What You Learn
- Demonstrate effective leadership and facilitation skills through the integration of theory, professional practice, and applied research.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the theoretical concepts describing human learning and motivations and their application to lesson design, instruction, evaluation and assessment.
- Evaluate and analyze quantitative and qualitative research and student data.
- Demonstrate knowledge of effective instructional strategies and curriculum planning with an emphasis on the areas of differentiation and cultural responsiveness.