Avila Now

April 17, 2023

Avila Rad Tech Students Win Competition at Missouri Conference 

5 Avila rad science students in front of a brick wall.
Ray Bowl Winners.

Students from Avila’s School of Imaging Science took first place in the fast-paced, competitive “Ray Bowl” at the annual Missouri Society of Radiologic Technologists conference on April 5-7 in Columbia, Missouri. 

“The Ray bowl was unlike anything I’ve ever done before, and to experience it with this group of people around me was incredible. We have been working incredibly hard twice a week leading up to the competition, and it was just awesome to see that it paid off. The quote that our coaches kept saying to us throughout this whole process was, “This is the year. I can feel it,” said Avila student Savannah Taylor.

“We competed against 12 other programs from Missouri and took first place. It was pretty exciting,” said Dana Adler, radiologic science instructor.

“The team consisted of three members (Brooke Bouillon, Brooke Day, and Savannah Taylor) and two alternates (Averee Brattin and Naheed Daroghe). They all studied together and showed dedication and commitment resulting in taking first place. Sarah [Sanford], Taylor [Otto], and I are extremely proud of them,” said Adler. 

“Winning the conference was very important to us. It’s the ultimate proof of the dedication and hard work we have put into our education over the last few years. It is also validation that Avila’s Radiology program produces competent and ambitious Radiologic Technologists,” said Avila student Brooke Bouillon. 

“Winning was such a crazy feeling at first because I couldn’t believe what had happened. It had been a while since Avila won this competition, and to be the class that finally won again was unbelievable. I am extremely blessed I had such an amazing and smart group of girls to be by my side as we won this title,” said Taylor.

“I am so proud of the class of 2023 and our bowl team. The 2023 bowl team worked diligently to prepare for the MOSRT competition, and their hard work paid off. Great job,” said Taylor Otto, instructor, and clinical coordinator.

“I am so incredibly proud of the dedication and hard work these girls have put into preparing for this competition. They not only placed first but also received compliments on their professionalism. Our entire senior class showed up to support their classmates and celebrate this accomplishment together. It was truly a win for our entire program,” said Sarah Sanford, program director, and assistant professor.

Team
1st Place
Rad Science seniors
Go back to the top