Avila’s Career Studio
Career Studio is a program established by the Career Center that allows Avila students to obtain business attire from a wide selection of clothing donated by Avila’s faculty, staff, and alumni as well as other professionals and community members.
Professional clothing is free to Avila students. The Career Closet benefits Avila students in need of business attire for career fairs, internships, interviews, class presentations, and more. Sponsored through the generous donations of Avila University, our community, alumni, and our employer partners, we can provide professional attire for any student.
Avila students are encouraged to stop by the clothing closet to look through our many options at a pace that suits you in a zero-pressure, judgment-free zone. Depending upon inventory, students may typically take up to 4 items. All items are on a first-come, first-served basis.
Need help finding something? A store coordinator will be available to assist you.
We encourage you to review the following guidelines prior to visiting the Career Closet to ensure a smooth and positive experience:
- Three students will be allowed inside the studio at one time. Seating is available outside the door if the studio is at maximum capacity.
- Students may select up to four items per month.
- At this time, trying on items is not allowed.
- Students must check out with the store coordinator prior to leaving.
- Items may not be returned once they leave the studio.
- Items available will change frequently and, as we continue to grow, will include accessories such as belts, tie clips, handbags, and dress socks.
Donation Needs for Career Closet
COMING SOON — View our Amazon Wish List for specific items. Otherwise, we’re looking for:
- New or gently used clothing in the business casual to business professional range for men and women, all sizes (unable to accept jeans and t-shirts).
- Men and women’s suits
- Blouses and shirts
- Men and women’s dress pants
- Belts, ties, accessories
- Gently worn shoes
How to Donate
- We gladly accept work-appropriate pieces of all sizes, preferably purchased within the last five years and in excellent condition
- Clothes should be cleaned prior to donation. Check our these dry cleaners
- Drop off at the front desk of the Center for Student Excellence in the ground floor of Hodes.
- If you prefer, you may schedule an appointment to drop of your donation. Contact Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816.501.2901 for more information.
- Please bring the donation form with you when donating items. Your donation form will be processed and you will receive a receipt by mail. Click below for the donation form.