How Do I Start?
We get it, starting anything is scary. You’ll never feel 100% ready. We suggest starting anyway. It’s important to keep in mind that there isn’t one pathway to a specific career. Whether you are searching for a major, choosing a career path, or needing an internship, Avila Career Services is the place to begin your journey. We will provide assistance as you explore majors, discover options, and select occupations that connect with your interests, abilities, and values. Here are some things you can do to start!
schedule an appointment
Using your Avila email and password, sign into Navigate and schedule an appointment to meet with someone for any major, career, job needs, concerns, or questions. We offer in-person, phone, and virtual appointments. If you have any issues or need assistance please contact; email@example.com or check out this video: https://youtu.be/gPQlznXHF1o
Take Personal and Career Assessements
Understanding your needs, strengths, personality, skills, talents, and interests can help you make informed academic and career decisions. You can determine those things by utilizing a variety of assessments. We call them exploration tools. Once you’ve done an assessment, you can schedule an appointment to discuss what you can do with your results.
- MY CREATIVE TYPE https://www.mycreativetype.com/
- PROJECT EVO https://projectevo.org/bta-2/
- PEOPLE, DATA, IDEAS, and THINGS https://www.mnprogramsofstudy.org/iseek/mnpos/pdf/Assess%20Yourself/People-Ideas-Worksheets.pdf
- AGILE WORK PROFILER https://agilities.org/awp
- O*NET MY NEXT MOVE https://www.mynextmove.org/
- BECOME WITH LANTERN https://www.learnhowtobecome.org/career-resource-center/
- THE PREDICTIVE INDEX https://go1.predictiveindex.com/free
What can I do with my results? Schedule an appointment to find out!
Activate your Handshake
We know how hard it is to find a job, research, interview, and be hired. Designed by students for students, Avila Eagles can activate a Handshake account to find full- and part-time jobs, internships, connect to employers, attend career fairs, events and workshops, schedule meetings, and more.
Start an Avila Eagle’s Career backPack
It is much easier to reach your career goals if you have a plan. We can help you! Career planning is a process to help increase the chances of completing your education and getting the job you want. Start the process today with your Avila Eagle’s Career Backpack! The “backpack” is a checklist that is a great beginning step into career preparation and planning. Click the link to access a checklist.
CAreer RESOURCE canvas COURSE
We understand that sometimes we’re not available when you need us. Avila students can find resources 24/7 in the Career Resource Canvas course. Login into Canvas and go to your Dashboard. From there you can check out podcasts, preparation tips, discussions, blogs, websites, YouTube content, and more!
If you’re not a student and are looking for those resources, please check our online Career Resource Board.
Top Tips for Career Success
- You will never feel 100% ready. Do it anyway. Start with SMART Goals.
- “Once you know your value, there’s no turning back.” -Tonya Rapley Take a Personal Assessment.
- Where you start doesn’t dictate where you’ll end up, never give up on yourself.