How Do I Prepare?
When you think about your future career, what comes to mind? Probably a lot of questions, right? By making smart moves now, you’ll invest in yourself (and your career) for years to come. So, whether you’re starting a job search or you’re thinking ahead, how can you prepare for your future career? Our Career Coaches are ready to explore with you, so come see us in Career Services. You can begin by scheduling an appointment.
- Appointment types include:
- Resume and Cover Letter Assistance
- Career Assessments and Interpretations
- Career/Major Exploration
- Digital Professional Development
- Job Search Exploration and Resources
- Internship Search
- Interview Preparation and Mock Interviews
- Job Offer/Salary Negotiation
- Graduate or Professional School Exploration
Schedule an appointment for any of those needs above by using your Avila email and password to sign into Navigate. We offer in-person, phone, and virtual appointments. If you have any issues or need assistance please contact; firstname.lastname@example.org or check out this video: https://youtu.be/gPQlznXHF1o
Career Planning and Preparation
It is much easier to reach your career goals if you have a plan. We can help you! Career planning is a process to help increase the chances of completing your education and getting the job you want. Start the process today with your Avila Eagle’s Career Backpack! The “backpack” is a checklist that is a great beginning step into career preparation and planning. Click the links to access a checklist or workbook.
A career portfolio includes information, digital or not, about who you are, and examples of your work and achievements but the benefits of developing a career portfolio go beyond having a useful tool to showcase yourself. Despite the obvious advantages of having a portfolio, they are highly effective and will set you apart! Come discover what the benefits are and meet with our career coach to begin your portfolio work today.
interview preparation and Mock interviews
Information coming soon!
Click the link below to learn about Avila’s Career Closet!
CAREER Resource CAnvas course
Avila students can find resources 24/7 in the Career Resource Canvas course. Login into Canvas and go to your Dashboard. From there you can check out podcasts, preparation tips, discussions, blogs, websites, YouTube content, and more!
If you’re not a student and are looking for those resources, please check our online Career Resource Board.
Top Tips for Career Preparation
- Don’t procrastinate. Learn about Time Management.
- Expand your knowledge. Stay up to date!
- Pay attention in STEAM courses. Need help in those classes? Schedule time with a Peer Coach.
- It’s never to late to start. Check out, What is the best to do to prepare a career? From Resume Help.