Avila Now

May 6, 2022

Q&A: Hope Davis, MSP student

Hope Davis
Hope Davis.

Hope Davis fell in love with psychology in high school and never looked back. She chose Avila’s Master of Science in Psychology because she was looking for a smaller campus community.

“I missed the closeness of classes when your professor knows you and you know most of your classmates. Learning is easier and more fun when you know your classmates and professors.”

Hope Davis

What surprised you about Avila or the psychology program?

Once you take one class from a professor, they are unlikely to forget you and are always willing to help you out in the future with anything you might need.

What professional goals do you have for the future, and how is Avila preparing you to pursue these goals?

I plan to teach psychology at the high school or college level upon completing my master’s. Avila has equipped me with the knowledge I need to feel comfortable teaching other students and they even added a “Teaching Psychology” weekend intensive course which will amplify my learning.

Who at Avila did you form an inspired relationship with, and how did they assist you?

I have formed a great relationship with Dr. Wagge and Dr. G (Gensheimer) from the Psychology Department. Both of these professors have gone above and beyond to enhance my knowledge in any topics that I am curious about and have encouraged me and helped me pursue my dream of becoming a Psychology teacher.

The teacher whom I learned psychology from originally was extremely passionate about the subject and made learning fun. We ended up forming a great bond and she gave me a lot of advice on how to advance my learning in the subject. The professors at Avila have given me a lot of freedom to learn the required materials but also to find something that I am passionate about to dive deeper into as well. That has been my favorite part about the Avila teaching style.

Go back to the top