- Academic Calendar
- Core Curriculum
- Academic Resources & Policies
- Registrar Office
- Graduation & Commencement
- Accreditation & Licensing
- College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences
- College of Professional Schools
- College of Science & Health
As an Avila Honors student, you will enrich your education with an in-depth academic exploration tailored specifically to your needs and interests. You will be challenged. You will explore new ideas and possibilities. You will build the skills to make a difference in our community. Avila’s Honors Program is exclusively for high-achieving students like you who have the drive and skills to thrive in this environment.
In addition, Honors Program membership offers you:
- Personalized learning experiences
- The opportunity to build meaningful, one-on-one relationships with faculty
- Renewable tuition discount ($1000)
- An honors designation on your transcript
- Graduation cords
All Honors work and experiences count toward your degree.
How to apply
- Pre-admitted students can apply here.
- Conditionally admitted students can apply here.
- Current or transfer students can apply here.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2023-2024 Academic Year, although current students can apply to start the program in Spring 2023.
Space in the Honors Program is limited and first-come, first-serve for students who qualify. Students who qualify and apply after the program is full will be placed on a wait list.
To get more information, talk to your admissions representative, e-mail email@example.com, or view the resources we have available on the left-hand side.
You will be asked to indicate that you have earned one of the following here:
- HS GPA of 3.5+ or
- ACT of 25+ or
- SAT 1200+
We will contact your admissions representative to verify.
You will be asked to submit both of the following here:
- HS GPA of 3.25+ (we will verify with your admissions representative) and
- Admission essay
You will be asked to submit two of the following here:
- College GPA 3.5+
- Letter of recommendation from academic source
- Admission essay
Transfer or current students must complete at least two academic years in the Honors Program.
HN 180: Honors Seminar I. Enroll Fall of your FIRST year in the program.
HN 480: Honors Seminar II. Enroll in Fall of your LAST year in the program.
Cultural & Community Experiences (CCEs)
Complete two semesters.
See Honors Program Overview for more information. An example end-of-semester presentation can be found here.
Honors Enhancements (HEs)
These are enhancements you add to existing classes. Any class is eligible so long as it is for-credit and has professor’s approval. You can find more information here.
Examples include: research papers, additional readings and discussions, research proposals, conference presentations, creative projects.
You will earn credit for HN 180 and HN 480 when you take them, and 7 credits for the rest of the experiences once they have all been completed.