Avila Now

November 14, 2016

2016 Gold MarCom Winner

Hanae Ishikawa Photo with awards
Hanae_Ishikawa.

(Kansas City – November 12, 2016)  Hanae Ishikawa, a fourth year Communication major at Avila University, won the 2016 gold MarCom. Ishikawa received two gold MarCom Awards for two separate projects in the Media Kit and Pro Bono categories.

The MarCom Awards is a creative competition for marketing and communication professionals. There were 6500 entries from throughout the United States, Canada, and 17 other countries.

“I am so proud of Hanae,” said Assistant Professor Linda Strelluf, her instructor in promotional writing and AD/PR practicum.  Strelluf added, “Hanae is an international student and English is her second language, but that has not slowed her down. She is smart, creative, and hard working. I know she has a bright future, and I am happy I got to work with her at Avila.”

The MarCom Awards recognizes outstanding achievement by professionals. Entries come from corporate marketing and communication departments, advertising agencies, PR firms, and many other profits and nonprofits.

“Hanae is one of our brightest stars! Fortunately, she is not our only talented student. If life were like a Disney movie, a Fairy Godmother would wave her wand and more of the exceptional work our students create in VisCom would be magically entered in competitions like the Mar Com Awards.” Laughing, Strelluf continued, “I think I’ll put getting to know a Fairy Godmother on my bucket list.”

MarCom is one of the oldest, largest and most prestigious creative competitions in the world.  A list of the 2016 Platinum and Gold Winners can be found on the MarCom Awards website at MarComAwards.com.

# # #

MarCom is sponsored and judged by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals (AMCP), a 22-year-old international organization consisting of several thousand creative professionals. Winners are selected from over 6500 entries in 300 categories.

Go back to the top