Upward Bound Application Process
UPWARD BOUND is designed to assist youth from first generation and / or low-income families, whom exhibit academic potential in graduation from high school, and have a desire to pursue and obtain a post-secondary education.
The application process is competitive and students must demonstrate a need for the program. Only students that have a desire for a post-secondary education will be admitted.
- The student and parent(s) must complete aStudent Participant Application
- The parent(s) must complete theSchool Records Release form for release of High School Transcripts.
- The parent(s) must provide a source of verification for family income. One of the following sources must accompany the application: a) A copy of the most recent parent or family federal income tax form showing TAXABLE INCOME or b) a statement from Social Security Administration or the Department of Social Services.
- Complete an Upward Bound Application
The application must be completed and returned with the accompanying forms and /or letters to the Upward Bound Program office with all supporting documentation before a student will be considered admittance.
There are several methods to submit your completed application:
In Person/Target School:
- Ruskin High School
- Completed applications can be delivered to a staff member during advising or tutoring;
tutoring is held in room 118 every Tuesday and Thursday from 4:00pm to 5:30pm
- Completed applications can be delivered to the counseling office or the Upward Bound mail box
Mailbox is located in the library
- Grandview High School
- Completed applications can be delivered to the counseling office
- Completed applications can be delivered to the Upward Bound staff at tutoring;
tutoring is held in room 113 every Tuesday and Thursday from 2:35pm to 4:05pm
Mail All Information:
11901 Wornall Road
Kansas City, MO 64145
Email All Information:
DO NOT FAX YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions, please contact our office at 816.501.2438.
Following the completion of this application, if you meet eligibility requirements, both you and your parent(s) will be scheduled for an interview with the Upward Bound staff. This is the final step of the process before your admissions decision will be made.
Upward Bound at Avila University is funded to serve 72 students between Ruskin High School and Grandview High School.
Completing an application does not guarantee the student an interview or a spot in the program.