Upward Bound | Classic
Upward Bound programs supplement the student’s high school experience with academic enrichment services, career exploration, self-development opportunities, cultural exposure opportunities and assistance with college admissions and financial aid searches.
- Tutoring – offered weekly at target schools in core subject areas
- Saturday Session Workshops – ACT preparation with Cambridge Educational Services
- Campus Tours – primarily visiting both private and public institutions in the region
- Advising – group and individual advising in academics, career and personal
- Cultural Exposure – symphony, renaissance festivals, Broadway performances, museums, etiquette dinners, etc.
- Community Service – local opportunities with upperclassman planning and organizing their own community service project throughout the year
- Educational Workshops – financial literacy, study skills, cyber safety, health awareness, bullying, advocacy, etc.
- Summer Excellence Institute – 6 week residential program on campus
- Other Services – team building, FAFSA, leadership conferences, ACT registration, admission applications, and scholarship searches/editing