Avila has many different degrees and programs. You can:
- Directly enter a degree program if you have the necessary prerequisites
- Study English (ESL) before working on your degree (please choose your major in the online application)
- Study ESL while taking one or two academic classes
Learn more about Avila's degree programs:
Undergraduate Degree Programs
When you study in the U.S., it is important to have good speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills in English. Therefore, even if you have a high TOEFL score, you may want to consider enrolling in Avila's ILCP your first semester for these reasons:
- Improve your English as you adjust to your new life in the U.S.
- You can take up to 7 credits of regular classes (usually 2 classes) while studying English
- Earn credits toward your degree at the same time
Graduate Degree Programs
There are many benefits in receiving your Master's degree at Avila University including:
- Most graduate classes are in the evenings, weekends, or online
- Classes are small for a great learning environment
- Professors are experienced and well-qualified
You will need a higher TOEFL/IELTS score for a graduate degree than for an undergraduate degree. However, you can always study ESL first, and then apply for one of our graduate programs.