The Human Resources major at Avila
Get a leg up in one of the most in-demand fields in Kansas City with Avila’s bachelor of art degree in Human Resources. In this online human resources degree, you’ll learn from HR professionals. Benefit from their networks. One of the top human resources degree programs in the city, you’ll enter the job market with the skills and know-how to help employers manage and develop top talent.
You’ll learn to:
- Structure compensation for employees
- Interpret benefits packages and how they affect organizational processes
- Implement schedules for hourly and salaried employees
- Design, write and conduct performance appraisals
- Master labor relations and employment law
- Write a strategic human resources plan
- Implement effective human resources within organizations
You can do this: Fully online Human Resources degree program
The classes in human resources and general education are geared to allow you to progress through the degree program at your own pace. You can break your class schedule into 8-week, on-campus, online, and weekend-intensive formats, beginning several times a year. If life gets in the way of your studies, no problem. You can start, pause, and restart the program whenever you need.
Are you interested in human resources?
Avila Human Resources B.A. graduates are pursuing careers as:
- HR managers
- Office managers
- Training and Development officers
Avila Human Resources B.A. graduates choose to work in a variety of areas:
- Corporate Human Relations Departments
- Manufacturing Facilities
- Non-profit Organizations
Located in the Hooley-Bundschu Library, this cutting-edge space is complete with flexible study areas, meeting rooms, and the latest technology. Dedicated lounge areas and access to our substantive on-site holdings mean you don’t have to compromise while you’re studying for that next exam.