The Online Human Resources Degree at Avila
Get a leg up in one of the most in-demand fields in Kansas City with Avila’s bachelor of art degree in Human Resources. In this online human resources degree, you’ll learn from HR professionals. Benefit from their networks. In one of the top human resources degree programs in the city, you’ll enter the job market with the skills and know-how to help employers manage and develop top talent.
- 120 credit hour Bachelor of Arts degree program
- 100% online and asynchronous so you can work, study, and progress on your schedule
- New sessions start every eight weeks
- Financial aid is available
You’ll learn to:
- Structure compensation for employees
- Interpret benefits packages and how they affect organizational processes
- Implement schedules for hourly and salaried employees
- Design, write and conduct performance appraisals
- Master labor relations and employment law
- Write a strategic human resources plan
- Implement effective human resources within organizations
You can do this: an online human resources bachelor’s degree
The classes in human resources and general education are geared to allow you to progress through the degree program at your own pace. You can break your class schedule into 8-week, on-campus, online, and weekend-intensive formats, beginning several times a year. If life gets in the way of your studies, no problem. You can start, pause, and restart the program whenever you need.
At Avila we understand that learning takes place outside the classroom. Through the Council on Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL) you can earn college credit through transfer, prior learning portfolio, correspondence, military service, and standardized tests. To get credit for what you already know, see our page on Prior Learning Assessment (PLA).
(Books and class materials are your responsibility in all Adult undergraduate programs.)
Find your support at Avila:
- Dedicated academic advisor
- Full library and research access
- Free tutoring
- Free counseling, career, and other student success services
Are you interested in human resources?
Avila Human Resources B.A. graduates are pursuing careers as:
- HR managers
- Office managers
- Training and Development officers
Avila Human Resources B.A. graduates choose to work in a variety of areas:
- Corporate Human Relations Departments
- Manufacturing Facilities
- Non-profit Organizations
Center for Student Excellence
If you need help in the classroom, help with your schedule, finding a counselor, or career services help, the Slepitza Center for Student Excellence (SCSE) is here. Your success is what makes Avila special. The SCSE makes your move into college smoother and can assist you throughout your college journey.