Updates & Notifications
Check your email and follow Avila University’s main social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter.
Updated Procedures for the Marian Center Dining Hall
The University and Great Western Dining (the campus food service provider) have been working on plans and procedures to make this coming Spring semester as normal as possible while following the City of Kansas City Missouri, the State of Missouri, and the CDC guidelines for a risk-reduced environment.
The dining hall in Marian Center will be providing meals, however, there will be changes:
- · All students, staff, and faculty are required to properly wear a mask before entering the dining hall.
- · The serving line will be one-way and social distancing will be followed in line.
- · There will be no self-service items.
- · Tables and chairs in the dining room are set up for 50% occupancy with social distancing. Please do not use furniture marked “closed” and do not move tables or chairs around the dining hall.
- · To-go box meal options will be available. However, if you eat in the dining hall you are not allowed to take food out at that meat.
- · Avoid peak dining times if you can limit your time in line.
- · When returning to the serving line for more food, please remember to put your mask back.
Hours of Service:
Monday – Friday
Breakfast 7:30 am – 9:00 am
Lunch 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Dinner (Monday-Thursday) 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Dinner (Friday) 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm
Saturday – Sunday
Brunch 10:30 am – 12:30 pm
Dinner 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
Extra cleaning will be done between meals; however, we will not be closing the dining hall to complete this task. Sections of the dining hall will be closed off at different times to ensure that each section has been sanitized.
No pandemic plan is perfect. There will be updates and changes between now and your first day on campus. But our intent remains the same: to provide an in-person learning experience for as many students, for as long as we can, in a risk-reduced environment.
In addition, the Great Western staff will be required to have their temperatures checked and take a health survey prior to starting their shifts. All Great Western staff will be provided with masks and be required to wear them the entire workday. Extra cleaning measures and schedules are also in place.