Updates & Notifications
Check your email and follow Avila University’s main social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter.
New Procedures for the Marian Center Dining Hall
The University and Great Western Dining (the campus food service provider) have been working on plans and procedures to make this coming Fall semester as normal as possible while following the City of Kansas City Missouri, the State of Missouri, and the CDC guidelines for a risk-reduced environment.
The dining hall in Marian Center will be providing meals, however, there will be changes:
- All students, staff, and faculty are required to properly wear a mask before entering the pick up line.
- The serving line will be one-way and social distancing will be followed in line.
- There will be no self-service items.
- Tables and chairs in the dining room are set up for 50% occupancy with social distancing. Please do not use furniture marked “closed” and do not move tables or chairs around the dining hall.
- To-go box meal options will be available.
- Avoid peak dining times if you can to limit your time in line.
Hours of Service:
Monday – Friday
Breakfast 7:30a – 10a
Lunch 11a – 1:30p
Dinner 5p – 7:30p
Saturday – Sunday
Brunch 10a – 1p
Dinner 5p – 7p
The Caf will be closed between meal periods for deep cleaning and sanitizing.
Hours are subject to change.
No pandemic plan is perfect. There will be updates and changes between now and your first day on campus. But our intent remains the same: to provide an in-person learning experience for as many students, for as long as we can, in a risk-reduced environment.
In addition, the Great Western staff will be required to have their temperatures checked and take a health survey prior to starting their shifts. All Great Western staff will be provided with masks and be required to wear them the entire workday. Extra cleaning measures and schedules are also in place.