Severe Weather Plan (Tornado or Flood)
In Case of Severe Weather
- When the emergency warning sirens sound, all persons should immediately seek shelter in the lower level of buildings.
- Stay calm. Leave the room and close, but do not lock, the room door.
- Go to the basement or interior walls of lower floors. Highly reinforced areas are preferred, such as the underground tunnel walkways in most buildings.
- Do not use elevators. Stay away from all windows and exterior doors of buildings.
- Assist the disabled to the nearest stairwell. If able, assist the disabled to the lower level of buildings and to the appropriate underground severe weather location for each building. If you are not able to help the disabled exit to the lower level, notify Campus Safety of the location of the disabled and exit yourself.
Preferred shelter locations:
- Tunnels between Blasco, O'Rielly, and Whitfield
- Tunnels between Marian, Carondelet, Ridgway, and Foyle
- Goppert tunnels beneath Theatre
- Mabee Field House lower level restrooms
- Wylie Hall 1st floor Media room or Kitchen