In Case of Fire or Explosion
- Activate the nearest fire alarm to warn others in the building. Lift the clear cover, then pull handle.
- When the fire alarm sounds, all rooms must be evacuated. Stay calm. Leave the room and close, but do not lock, the room door.
- Immediately exit the building at the closest building exit. Do not use elevators.
- Assist the disabled to the nearest stairwell or the closest exit. If able, assist them in exiting the building and gathering in the outside location. If you are not able to help the disabled exit the building, exit yourself and notify Campus Safety, police or fire department of the location of the disabled.
- If your exit is blocked by smoke or fire, find an alternate way out. If smoke is present, crawl low below the smoke.
- Gather in an appropriate outside location away from the building.