High School Student
We know that choosing a college can be a difficult decision, let alone the transition from high school to college! We can help you in that process and make it easy for you to enjoy the full college experience as an Avila Eagle!
Applicants are considered for undergraduate admission based on the following academic requirements:
High school grade point averages of 2.5 or above (4.0 scale)
ACT score of 20 or above or SAT score of 1020 (CRW+ Math) or above - Avila's ACT college code 2278 or SAT college code 6109
For successful admission to the university, Avila strongly recommends that high school applicants complete 16 units of college preparatory coursework
First-year applicants are encouraged to submit their application for admission soon after completing their junior year of high school. The following checklist of materials must be submitted to Avila Admission before the student's application can be evaluated:
- Application for Admission - Apply Online for FREE!
- Submit your ACT or SAT Scores
- Official High School Transcripts sent directly to Avila University at:
11901 Wornall Road
Kansas City, MO 64145
- First-year applicants may apply after six full semesters of high school or secondary school work. Final transcripts indicating high school graduation need to be submitted to Avila Admission before first-year classes start.
- GED Applicants who have not completed high school may be considered for admission on the basis of the GED test scores. Students must submit official GED scores. For Missouri residents, the Department of Education and Secondary Schools maintains the official scores from the GED. You may contact them to request an official transcript of your GED.