High School Student
We know that choosing a college can be a difficult decision, let alone the transition from high school to college! We can help you in that process and make it easy for you to enjoy the full college experience as an Avila Eagle!
Applicants are considered for undergraduate admission based on either of the following two pathways:
1) Test Optional Admission - With Avila's test-optional admission process, applicants that hold a 2.75 or higher high school core GPA may be admitted to Avila without submitting an ACT or SAT score.
- Requires Core GPA of 2.75 or above
2) Standard Admission - see details below
High school grade point averages of 2.5 or above (4.0 scale)
ACT score of 20 or above or SAT score of 1020 (CRW+ Math) or above - Avila's ACT college code 2278 or SAT college code 6109
For successful admission to the university, Avila strongly recommends that high school applicants complete 16 units of college preparatory coursework
First-year applicants are encouraged to submit their application for admission soon after completing their junior year of high school. The following checklist of materials must be submitted to Avila Admission before the student's application can be evaluated:
- Application for Admission - Apply Online for FREE!
- Submit your ACT or SAT Scores (Not required for Test Optional Admission)
Official High School Transcripts sent directly to Avila University at:
11901 Wornall Road
Kansas City, MO 64145
- First-year applicants may apply after six full semesters of high school or secondary school work. Final transcripts indicating high school graduation need to be submitted to Avila Admission before first-year classes start.
- GED Applicants who have not completed high school may be considered for admission on the basis of the GED test scores. Students must submit official GED scores. For Missouri residents, the Department of Education and Secondary Schools maintains the official scores from the GED. You may contact them to request an official transcript of your GED.
FAFSA Available Online
Application Priority Deadline (Early Submission)
FAFSA due for Fall Registration, complete yours today!
National Reply Date
Housing Contracts & Enrollment Deposit Due
Due to COVID-19 pandemic and to provide our students and families with more time to make their final decision during this unprecedented time, we are extending our deposit deadline to June 1, 2020.
First Year Student Events
GoToCollegeFair Virtual Fair | May 4 thru 6 | 11am - 7pm
Admissions Reps will be on hand LIVE to share the Avila experience and answer your questions. This event is FREE with registration. REGISTER HERE
Join us for three days of live-stream presentations to help students and families learn about:
The impact of COVID-19 on the admission process
Financial aid and financial award programs
How to balance the application
Multicultural, first generation, and accessibility resources on campus
What to expect the first year
...and so much more!
Student Orientation, Advising & Registration (SOAR)
This event is for incoming students to get officially enrolled as an Avila Eagle! Students will register for classes, complete housing paperwork, finalize their financial aid, and so much more. Students can choose from one of the SOAR dates below:
Saturday, April 18 | 8:00 a.m.
Friday, May 22 | 8:00 a.m.
Friday, June 12 | 8:00 a.m.
Click HERE to register for SOAR*.
*Students must be admitted to Avila University for the Fall 2020 semester and have paid their $200 enrollment deposit in order to register for SOAR.
Contact the Office of Admissions with any additional questions at (816) 501-2400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.