Avila Student Nurse Organizations (ASNO)
ASNO is available for those students who have declared an interest or a major in nursing. The purpose of the organization is to cohesively contribute to nursing education, to represent professional interests and concerns and to aid in the development of the whole person, and his/her responsibility for the health care of others. The organization aims to involve freshman and sophomore nursing students and foster added interest of junior and senior students through:
- Community volunteer services;
- Lectures and demonstrations to supplement academic and clinical experiences;
- A medium in which information and assistance can be obtained through peers and faculty;
- Unifying, activating, and developing relationships between nursing students so as to strengthen their professional and personal endeavors;
- An organization in which members can keep well informed as to trends in nursing, government legislation, and the community.
- Through membership in ASNO, students will develop peer relations, communication skills, civic involvement, knowledge and applied skills.
ASNO Officers & Representatives 2019-2020
President: Jordan Givens
Vice President: Meriah Dinwiddie
Secretary: Ellie Matthews
Treasurer: Kayleigh Paul
Senior Class Rep: Addy York and Paige James
Junior Class Rep: Mariana Bichara and Alexis Washington
ASNO Faculty Advisors 2018-2019
Professor Angel Yanez, email@example.com
Professor Megan Ashcraft, firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on other campus organizations including COLLEGES AGAINST CANCER and PEACH (Peers Educating Avila about Counseling and Health), visit the Student Organizations web page.