In order to graduate with a Computer Science degree, every senior must complete an internship. You will be required to work between 100 - 120 hours in a semester of your senior year. The following is a basic guideline about the internship process:
- You create a rèsumè based on your experience and skills. If you need help, the Career Services is a great resource tool.
- Your professor will review your rèsumè, suggest any changes and distribute your rèsumè to area businesses.
- Your professor will let you know when you've been accepted to a company for an internship along with all the details.
- Once you have met with your supervisor about your internship, you will need to create a project plan or job description for your time there.
- During your internship, you are to create a weekly status report to send to your professor as well as your supervisor.
- At the end of your internship, you will create an Internship Report, a reflection about your internship.
In the past years, our students have received internship positions at Sprint, Entire Computer Solutions, We-Are-IT, the Grandview School District and many other well-known companies. This internship is a great hands-on experience and will prepare seniors for the professional world.