Why Nursing at Avila
Why Nursing at Avila?
Because of our strengths....
- Students who are motivated, intelligent, committed, and highly capable.
- Faculty who have significant clinical and academic experience, energy, and a commitment to progressive nursing education.
- A curriculum that prepares the nurse of the future and provides a wide variety of clinical experiences available to students, including many community based clinical experiences.
For a satisfying career...
- Outstanding reputation as one of the oldest baccalaureate programs of nursing in the metropolitan area, and one that prepares students for nursing careers and nursing leadership positions.
- The Avila nursing graduate is well prepared to have a successful career as a staff nurse and to contribute to nursing through membership and activity in professional nursing organizations.
- Avila nursing graduates are/have been employed in the following positions of nursing leadership: directors of agencies including home health and long-term care facilities; hospital administrator of a rural community hospital in Kansas; entrepreneur in the field of nurse executive placement; leadership roles of the American Nurses’ Association; executive director of a national research project based in Kansas City to enhance underprivileged family well-being, nursing program directors and faculty.
To experience our Nursing Education and Resource Center (NERC) and administrative suite...
- The NERC provides a simulated hospital environment where students learn to assist patients and provide basic to intensive nursing skills. See pictures of students in trauma simulations.
- The NERC provides meeting and work space for independent and group study.
Want to learn more?
Click here to arrange for a campus visit where you can:
- Tour the campus
- Meet with financial aid
- And much more