- Academic Calendar
- Core Curriculum
- Academic Resources & Policies
- Registrar Office
- Graduation & Commencement
- Accreditation & Licensing
- College of Professional Schools
- College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences
- College of Science & Health
Join us for this great Avila University Tradition
The 2021 Graduate Sending Ceremony
Friday, May 14
Avila University Campus
RSVP Deadline: Friday, April 30
The class of 2020 and 2021 are invited to join us for a great Avila Tradition that has developed from our founders, the Sisters of St. Joseph. The Avila Sending Ceremony is our prayer for all our graduates to encourage you to continue to live the Avila Values as you move into the world as lifelong learners making meaningful contributions. I hope you will join us with your family.
Schedule of Events:
- Photo opportunities at the Avila signage near Wornall Road
- It’s become a tradition for student to take pictures at the main Avila sign.
- Food and drink tables.
- FREE Betty Rae’s Ice Cream truck in the front parking lot
- FREE beer, wine, and snacks served in the Quad
- FREE headshot photos courtesy of the Alumni Office in Goppert Performing Arts Center lobby
- Alumni materials and legacy pictures in the Learning Commons.
- Gather in the Jeanne Hamilton Olofson Plaza to prepare for Sending Ceremony Prayer
- Sending Ceremony commences
- Events resume until 8 p.m.
Please RSVP here on or before April 30. You are welcome to bring family. Please indicate the number of family members that will be present with you. Social distancing will be practiced according to the guidelines of Kansas City, Missouri and the CDC. Masks must be worn at all times in order to be present.
If you have questions about the event contact David.Armstrong@Avila.Edu or call at 816-501-2423