Information Session - Teacher Certification
Click on one of the following dates to sign up!
*All Information Sessions will be conducted virtually through Zoom at this time. You will receive the Zoom invitation and instructions through email on the day prior to the session start date.
WANT TO BE A TEACHER?
Are you a career-changer?
Did you earn your degree in an area outside of education?
Learn what it takes to earn your teaching certification and start teaching in the K-12 classroom. The information session will cover:
- Missouri & Kansas certification requirements
- Routes to certification
- Employment outlook for teachers, including high need schools and subject areas
- Introduction to Avila University - Mission & Values
- Avila's Master-degree options for obtaining your teaching certification
- Details & highlights of Avila's teacher certification programs (courses, format, length)
- Admission process & tuition rate
*Attendance at an Information Session is an admission requirement into a teacher certification program.
All sessions are from 6:00-7:00pm on Tuesday evenings and meet in the Conference Room in Foyle Hall (building #10) on Avila's campus. You will receive detailed directions in an email after signing up for a session.