Stand Out from the Crowd
The business and the non-profit world is changing and evolving daily. Your skills need to adapt as well — new technologies, best practices, and leadership methods. To continue to thrive, just staying up-to-date won’t always be enough. You need to stand up and stand out.
Your graduate-level certificate from the Advantage Institute for Professional Studies at Avila can help you master the skills, knowledge, networking, and credibility you need and that top employers are seeking.
Choose from certificates and certifications in:
Graduate Executive Leadership Certificate
The Graduate Executive Leadership Certificate consists of 13 credit hours of coursework designed to develop leaders to effectively function at all levels of their organization. The hours count toward the Master of Science degree in Organizational Development and the Master of Arts in Management. The certificate in Executive Leadership can be taken independent of enrollment in any graduate degree program.
- OD 650 – Strategic Communication (3)
- OD 655 – Innovation & Creativity (3)
- OD 678 – Conflict Management Systems (3)
- OD 685 – Portfolio (1)
- OD 688 – Leadership & Influence Processes (3)
The hours count toward the Master of Science in Organizational Development and Master of Arts in Management
Graduate Project Management Certificate
The Graduate Project Management Certificate is a set of 13 credit hours designed specifically for adults to develop proficiency with the latest tools and techniques of effective project managers. Students study current industry practices, examine in-depth case studies, review team interactions, and assess project management technology. This curriculum prepares the student to take the PMI exam for certification; in addition these hours count toward the M.A. degree in Management. The certificate in Project Management can be taken independent of enrollment in any graduate degree program.
- PM672 Practice of Project Management (3)
- PM673 Tools and Technology of Project Management (3)
- PM674 Application of Project Management (3)
- PM677 Six Sigma (3)
- MG685 Portfolio (1)
Graduate Strategic Human Resources Certificate
The Graduate Strategic Human Resources Certificate consists of 15 credit hours of coursework designed to prepare learners for upper-level management of human resource functions and departments within their organizations. This curriculum prepares the student to take industry certification exams; in addition, the hours count toward the Master of Arts in Management and the Master of Business Administration (MBA). The certificate in Strategic Human Resources can be taken independent of enrollment in any graduate degree program.
- OD 662 – Strategic HR Management (3)
- OD 664 – Workforce Planning & Employment (3)
- OD 667 – Total Rewards & Risk Management (3)
- OD 668 – Employee & Labor Relations (3)
- OD 679 – Training & Development (3)
- OD685 Portfolio (1)
Graduate Leadership Coaching Certification
The Graduate Leadership Coaching Certification consists of 13 credit hours of coursework focusing on learning coaching skills to improve organizational effectiveness and to align with organizational goals. In addition, the hours count toward the Master of Science in Organizational Development. Students must successfully complete a comprehensive coaching assessment in order to earn certification. The certification in Leadership Coaching can be taken independent of enrollment in any graduate degree program.
- OD685 Portfolio (1)
Graduate Workplace Instructional Design Certificate
Designed to engage learning industry professionals, Avila’s Instructional Design Certificate prepares you to lead in the workplace. Define your organization’s learning needs. Determine the appropriate instructional formats. Design materials. Implement solutions. Throughout the program you will apply course material and your new proficiencies to your current professional activities in real-time.
- ID600 Introduction to Instructional Design (3)
- ID611 Trends in Instructional Design (3)
- ID621 Applied Instructional Design (3)
- ID631 Organizational Learning (3)
- MG685 Portfolio (1)
- Create a collaborative process that will help define, design, and develop instructional materials and solutions.
- Program curriculum and outcomes are based on the new Association of Talent Development (ATD) Capabilities Model.
- Project-based education.
- Build your own reflective portfolio.
- Network with professional peers and mentors.
- 100% online, taught both asynchronous and synchronously.
- Certificate eligible for both MA in Management and MS in Organizational Development Psychology programs.
- Eligible for Federal Financial Aid