- Timothy Klocko named Avila University VP for Finance and AdministrationAvila University today announced the appointment of Timothy Klocko as vice president for finance and administration. In this role, Klocko will oversee all aspects of the financial life of the University, providing management and direction for Avila’s financial activities….
- Koehler Recognized for Outstanding Community ServiceTracy Koehler, MSN, RN, assistant professor in the Avila University School of Nursing, recently received the Outstanding Community Service Award from the Research Foundation of Kansas City….
Avila’s Graduate Psychology program is unique because students will find qualified faculty with real-world experience, a small community that will welcome you like family, and an educational experience that will help you succeed. Students receive individual support from both a faculty and academic advisor.
The Department of Psychology offers the MS Psychology and MS Counseling Psychology degrees with several concentration options. Avila also offers two graduate certificate programs and many research opportunities. Come explore your future with the Avila University Department of Psychology!
- Over 40 years of successful psychology alumni
- Set your own pace – No cohort requirements
- 16 week semesters – 8 week summer session
- Evening and weekend on campus format
- Start coursework in the fall, spring or summer terms
- Bachelors in Psychology not required (overview course needed)
- Counseling program MPCAC Accredited through January 2028!
- Counseling program meets MO and KS licensure requirements
Non-Degree / Enrichment College Credits
Students needing additional college credits or specific coursework for transfer or licensure can take 9 credits (more with approval) through the Avila Department of Psychology non-degree / enrichment college credit option. Contact the Enrollment and Retention Manager at 816-501-0419 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Us on Facebook: Jobs, Events and More!
Department of Psychology Events
Please contact your admissions representative with any questions or to set up an individual campus visit.
Missouri residents contact Jessie Reinert; email@example.com or 816-501-2968.
Kansas Residents and other states contact Ryan Meyer; firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-501-2955.
Graduate Students – email@example.com
School Hours: Monday – Friday | 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Department of Psychology
11901 Wornall Road
Kansas City, MO 64145
Graduate Psychology Resources
Here you will find resources for students in the Avila Graduate Psychology program. Resources include information about Avila University, the graduate studies catalog, faculty advisors, forms and applications, and organizations like Psi Chi.
MS Psychology: Dr. Marcia Pasqualini, Chair and MSP Program Director
MS Counseling Psychology: Dr. Heather Noble, Assistant Professor, and Counseling Program Director
American Counseling Association
American Psychological Association
Association for Psychological Science
Council of Graduate Departments of Psychology
Greater Kansas City Psychological Association
Masters in Psychology Accreditation Council
North American Association of Masters in Psych