Philip Gebauer, Grad Psychology Enrollment & Retention Manager
P: 816.501.0419 / E: philip.gebauer
The psychology master’s program at Avila
Avila’s Graduate Psychology program is unique because students will find qualified faculty with real-world experience, a small community that will welcome you like family, and an educational experience that will help you succeed. Students receive individual support from both a faculty and academic advisor.
The Department of Psychology offers the MS Psychology and MS Counseling Psychology degrees with several concentration options. Avila also offers two graduate certificate programs and many research opportunities. Come explore your future with the Avila University Department of Psychology!
Why Avila is one of the best psychology graduate programs
- Over 40 years of successful psychology alumni
- Set your own pace – No cohort requirements
- 16-week semesters – 8-week summer session
- Evening and weekend on-campus format
- Start coursework in the fall, spring, or summer terms
- Bachelors in Psychology not required (overview course needed)
- Counseling program MPCAC Accredited through January 2028!
- The counseling program meets MO and KS licensure requirements.
The Avila Psychology degree programs are offered in a traditional semester format, primarily in the evenings. Late afternoon courses are required for the capstone courses such as counseling internship, master’s thesis, and community project courses. Counseling psychology practicum and internship experiences may require day and weekend time commitments.
Non-Degree / Enrichment College Credits
Students needing additional college credits or specific coursework for transfer or licensure can take 9 credits (more with approval) through the Avila Department of Psychology non-degree / enrichment college credit option. Contact the Enrollment and Retention Manager at 816-501-0419 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Us on Facebook: Jobs, Events, and More!
Graduate Psychology Resources
Here you will find resources for students in the Avila Graduate Psychology program. Resources include information about Avila University, the graduate studies catalog, faculty advisors, forms and applications, and organizations like Psi Chi.
Graduate Academic Catalog
Mission & Values
Graduate Psychology Handbook 2019
- MS Psychology: Dr. Leah K. Gensheimer, Chair and MSP Program Director
- MS Counseling Psychology: Dr. Jon Mandracchia, Associate Professor and Counseling Program Director
- Phil Gebauer, MA, Graduate Enrollment Retention Manager
American Counseling Association
American Psychological Association
Association for Psychological Science
Council of Graduate Departments of Psychology
Greater Kansas City Psychological Association
Masters in Psychology and Counseling Accreditation Council (MPCAC)
North American Association of Masters in Psych