Apply with the VA/DOD.
Veterans and service members:
- Have your spouse or parent visit www.gibill.va.gov and click on Apply for Benefits to be awarded their educational benefits.
- Have your spouse or parent apply to transfer their educational benefits to you at www.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect or through their Chain of Command
- Visit www.gibill.va.gov yourself and apply to use your transferred educational benefits
Documents required to be certified as a student at Avila University:
- Certificate of Eligibility from the VA, which should be received when you are found eligible to use educational benefits (or a printout from eBenefits showing your eligibility and % rate)
- DD-214 (if applicable)
- Avila University's VA Certification Request form (for each semester you are requesting to use your benefits)