Avila Home Page
Helpful Links
Avila University - Be Inspired


apply for free button request information button

Veteran Benefits

Apply with the VA/DOD.
Veterans and service members:


  • Have your spouse or parent visit www.gibill.va.gov and click on Apply for Benefits to be awarded their educational benefits.
  • Have your spouse or parent apply to transfer their educational benefits to you at www.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect or through their Chain of Command
  • Visit www.gibill.va.gov yourself and apply to use your transferred educational benefits

Documents required to be certified as a student at Avila University:

  • Certificate of Eligibility from the VA, which should be received when you are found eligible to use educational benefits (or a printout from eBenefits showing your eligibility and % rate)
  • DD-214 (if applicable)
  • Avila University's VA Certification Request form (for each semester you are requesting to use your benefits)

avila flags