Membership is open to all Avila University students, staff, faculty, administrators and alumni. Other persons, whose intent is to add value to the SASA, may apply for membership. The Executive Committee will act on the application for membership.
Persons seeking membership must complete a written application and pay the applicable membership fee.
SASA does not discriminate in membership on the basis of race, gender, religion, creed, color, handicap, disability, marital status, national origin, age, ethnicity, lifestyle, veteran status or region.
Download the Membership Form
During the 2007-2008 academic year membership fees shall be as follows:
- Individual Student membership is $10 annually.
- Student Family membership fee is $15 annually.
- Staff, faculty, administrator, alumni membership fee is $15 annually.
- Other membership is $15 annually.
The Executive Committee shall set membership fees for subsequent years. They shall set the date by which membership fees must be paid. Any member who has not paid their annual membership dues thirty days after the date due shall be removed from the membership roster and will lose membership benefits and privileges. All dues collected shall be deposited to the below mentioned Independent Organization Account.
The period of membership is one academic year. A member may renew their membership in SASA by signing the renewal roster and paying the applicable membership fee.
The SASA Executive Board has the right to terminate a membership without returning the fee. All procedures, rules and regulations regarding membership are to be determined by the Executive Board and set out in the Standing Rules of the Association.
No member shall have the right to act on behalf of the SASA without prior authorization of the Executive Board.
The Rights of Members
All valid members have an equal right of the following:
- Voting in Executive Board and Executive Committee elections.
- Nominating candidates and standing as a candidate (if qualified) for the Executive Board and Executive Committee.
- Attending all members meetings.
- Participating in SASA’s announced activities.
SASA will ensure that its members will not practice any physically or psychologically abusive hazing behaviors, either intentionally or unintentionally.