The mission of the Avila University Radiologic Science Program is to graduate students who possess competent skills for employment as registered technologists in a radiology department.
Registered radiographers teach and advise Avila students of radiologic technology. Our student/faculty ratio at the clinical sites never exceeds 10:1. Experienced professionals active in the field of radiologic science give students personalized attention.
Goals & Outcomes
Goal 1: Students will master clinical competency.
- Students will demonstrate appropriate understanding and use of radiation protection.
- Students will appropriately address patient’s needs.
- Students will use proper technical factors for optimal images.
Goal 2: Students will apply appropriate critical-thinking skills.
- Students will modify all necessary elements to adapt to non-routine procedures.
- Students will demonstrate their knowledge of appropriate images based on image evaluation criteria.
Goal 3: Students will demonstrate professionalism.
- Students will demonstrate professional and ethical behaviors in the clinical setting.
- Students will demonstrate an appropriate understanding of HIPAA.
Goal 4: Students will demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate effective and appropriate communication skills with patients.
- Students will demonstrate effective communication skills through writing.
Goal: The program will effectively meet the needs of the students and community.
- Students who enroll in the program will successfully complete it.
- Graduates will be satisfied with their education.
- Employers will be satisfied with educational and clinical experience of Avila graduates.
- Graduates will pass the registry on the first attempt.
- Graduates who desire to will find employment in the radiology field.