Once you have been accepted into Avila's nursing program, you must:
- Have a current physical examination
- Have a complete health history
- Meet immunization and other clinical agency requirements prior to the beginning of and continuing throughout nursing clinical courses (these requirements are subject to change).
- Complete criminal disclosure information and background check.
- Hold current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) (Health Professional American Heart Association 2 year)
- Submit an initial two-step TB screen and an annual TB screen at the beginning of the second year of the program.
- Carry health insurance coverage while in the nursing major (a health insurance form must reflect company and coverage and be on file in the nursing office).