» Why Avila? » Apply Online » Dorms
» Degrees » FAQs » International Student Organization
» Kansas City » Our Staff » Visa & Immigration Information
» ESL » Transfer Information » Health Insurance
Transfer Credit

Normally, classes that you have taken on the university level will transfer to Avila. 

In order for your classes to transfer, you must have taken them at an accredited university.  This means that your university is recognized by your government and that your classes were taken after you finished high school.  If you transfer from an accredited U.S. college or university, your classes will also transfer.  A class will usually transfer if the content of the class is similar to the same class at Avila. 

If you have any questions regarding transferring, please contact Kate Austin, the international student advisor, at Kate.Austin@avila.edu

If you want to transfer to Avila, you will need to send:

1. A completed, signed application form (you can submit this online by clicking “apply here” in  

    the upper right hand corner of the page).

2. All university transcripts

3. A bank statement showing that you have sufficient funds to attend Avila

4. A TOEFL score if you do not plan on first taking ESL (English as a Second Language)

Send a copy of these documents to Pam Sparks at international@avila.edu.