||The Interlibrary Loan (ILL) department at Avila University borrows or obtains copies of materials not available in the Avila library on behalf of Avila's faculty, staff, and students. The ILL department also lends or provides copies of Avila library materials requested by other libraries and individuals. To expedite the process, we ask that you take a moment to read through the information listed below.
How do I submit requests
- Search the Avila on-line catalog or database to be sure that the library does not own the book or journal you need. Search the FirstSearch database and submit requests online by clicking on the ILL icon.
- Fill out separate request forms for each item found in FirstSearch or in the library's periodical collections.
- Make sure that the request is filled out legibly and completely.
- Include ISSN or ISBN numbers. These numbers help us identify the exact item you need.
- If the Avila library owns the journal, but not the specific issue you need, make a note of this on the request form.
- For any questions on ILL, call Dennis Goodyear at (816)501-3710
Who is eligible to use ILL services?
Interlibrary loan service is available to current faculty, students and staff at Avila University.
How long does it take?
Most loan requests are filled within two weeks from libraries within the state of Missouri, not counting weekends and holidays. However, out-of-state loans can take three weeks or more. Requests are placed with the first library that shows the item available. Please remember, we are at the mercy of the lending library and the mail service when fulfilling ILL requests.
How will I be notified?
We will call or email you when your material arrives. Please be sure to include your telephone number or email address on the request form.
How much will it cost?
It's usually free. The Avila Library maintains reciprocal agreements with many libraries and makes every attempt to procure items from these cooperating institutions. If you have indicated that you are willing to pay, we will order the items and charge you when we receive the requested material. However, Avila faculty or staff members are not required to pay for ILL materials.
How many requests can I make?
A patron may submit up to fifteen requests at a time in order to speed processing.
What kind of materials may be borrowed?
Various types of circulating materials are available through interlibrary loan including: books, dissertations, journal articles, government documents, theses and microforms. The lending library determines what kinds of materials it will loan.