|| The Circulation Department is located in the front of the library at the circulation desk. This is where you can check in/out library materials, pick up or check out Interlibrary Loan Materials, pay fines and ask questions about fines and overdue materials, obtain information about photocopiers and microfiche readers/printers and check for lost and found items.
Who can check out library materials?
The Avila University Library is open to anyone who wants to use it. In order to check out materials, an Avila University ID is required.
What are the check out periods?
The check out periods for regular circulating items are:
*All Students- twenty-one days
*Faculty- to the end of the semester
All materials except those checked out by faculty are due back during finals week at the end of each semester. Books may be renewed in person, over the phone (816)501-3621, or electronically through your library account.
Where do I return library materials?
The main book drop is located inside the inside entrance to the library at the circulation desk. An auxiliary, second book drop is located just to the right of outside entrance of the library.
What are the overdue or lost books fines for Avila library books?
$.10 per day, up to a $5.00 max.
|MOBIUS (state-wide) and WILO (includes Avila) Patron-Initiated Circulation Policies
- Only Books are available through MOBIUS and WILO patron initiated borrowing.
- Books are loaned for 21 days for all patron types.
- Books may be renewed twice for the 21 day loan period. Books with additional holds may not be renewed (a hold is placed when a patron at the owning library have requested the book).
- Recalls -- Materials may only be recalled by the owning library, and may be recalled from any patron type. Minimum Use: 20 days
- If a patron requests a book that is available, the system will choose the local item.
- Patrons visiting other MOBIUS or WILO member libraries may check out books as a Visiting Patron. An institutional photo I.D. or an institutional I.D., plus a government issued photo I.D. (e.g., driver's license, state I.D., passport, etc.) will be required to check out materials as a Visiting Patron.
- The overdue charge for is $.10 a day.
MOBIUS LOST BOOK POLICY -- A lost book replacement charge of $120 will be billed to patrons who do not return MOBIUS items 45 days after the due date. This includes a $100 lost book fee and $20 nonrefundable billing fee.
WILO LOST BOOK POLICY -- A lost book replacement charge of $45 will be billed to patrons who do not return WILO items 45 days after the due date.