LIBRARY MISSION STATEMENT
The Library Mission
• The Hooley Bundschu Library supports the mission, purposes, and values of
Avila University and facilitates the learning experience and the educational goals
of Avila University.
• The Library provides support for the curriculum and an Avila
community that is actively engaged in learning.
• The Library recognizes the value placed by the University on excellence in
teaching and learning and strives to support that value by providing materials and services
to support and enrich the
• The Library recognizes and values the contributions of the Sisters of Saint
Joseph and their commitment to social justices and responsiveness to the needs of others.
• Our intent is to earn and maintain the respect of the entire campus community,
to promote trust in our department, and to establish open lines of communication
and collaborative working relationships with the campus community. The library desires to foster
an intellectual atmosphere that assists in creating a satisfactory learning experience for
the students, faculty, and staff of Avila University. Customer satisfaction is our goal!