Double Major and Degree Conferred
When two majors are completed in different areas (e.g. B.S., B.A.), the student must designate which major is the first major, which will indicate which degree will be conferred. In addition to meeting all requirements for the first major, the student must complete a minimum of fifteen (15) credits in the second major that are not already used to satisfy requirements for the first major requirements for core.
Requirements for earning two degrees to be awarded simultaneously:
- Completion of a minimum of thirty (30) semester hours at Avila University in addition to the minimum 128 hours required for the first baccalaureate degree for a total of 158 hours.
- Completion of both majors with at least 12 upper-division hours in each major taken at Avila University; a “C” grade is required in each upper-division course in the majors.
Requirements for earning a second degree after having been awarded a baccalaureate degree:
- Completion of a minimum of thirty (30) additional semester hours at Avila University after the awarding of the first baccalaureate degree.
- Completion of a major with at least 12 upper-division hours in the major taken at Avila University; a “C” grade is required in each upper-division course in the major.
- Completion of the core curriculum as stated in the academic catalog.