Current Student Financial Aid Checklist
- Make satisfactory academic progress as outlined in the Financial Aid Academic Progress Policy. Click here to review the satisfactory academic progress policy.
- Complete a Renewal or Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Avila’s school code is: 002449. Students can do this online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. You are encouraged to complete the FAFSA as soon as possible after Jan. 1st. However, the priority deadline to submit your FAFSA is April 1st. You will need to complete this every year to be qualified for financial aid.
- Sign and return your Financial Aid Award Letter within two weeks of receipt. Include any missing documents if listed on the letter.
- If selected for verification, please print and complete the verification work sheet that corresponds to the dependency status reported on your FAFSA. The forms can be downloaded at http://www.avila.edu/financialaid/forms.asp. Once complete, please contact the financial aid office for further instructions.
- If you are accepting Stafford Loans for the first time, you will need to complete your master promissory note and entrance counseling at www.studentloans.gov.
Please remember: Loans of any type MUST BE REPAID whether or not you graduate or are satisfied with the education you receive.