Applying for Financial Aid Checklist - First Year Students
- Apply and be accepted to Avila University. Visit avila.edu/admission for more information.
Upon acceptance to Avila, you will be notified about an academic merit scholarship (Avila scholarship) for which you may be eligible.
- Request separate parent and student pin numbers to use when you file the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) after January 1 and before April 1. You must file online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Avila’s Federal School code is 002449.
- You will receive a SAR (Student Aid Report) from the federal processor which should be checked for accuracy and corrected as necessary.
- If you are selected for verification, Financial Aid will inform you of the requirements and supply you with the necessary forms to complete and return.
- You will receive a comprehensive Financial Aid Award Letter listing the types and amounts of all financial assistance available to you. This includes Avila, state, and federal financial assistance.
- Notify the Financial Aid Office about any outside scholarships that you have received. 816-501-3625.
- If you are awarded a Stafford Loan, and you are a first time borrower at Avila University, you will need to complete a Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling. This can be
accomplished at www.studentloans.gov.
- If you are awarded a Perkins Loan, your paperwork and entrance counseling can be completed in the Business Office.
- Accept your financial aid awards by signing and returning a copy of your award letter to the Office of Financial Aid, completing / submitting required financial aid documents and submitting your $200 enrollment deposit to the Office of Admission by May 1.