The Regional Alumni Partner (RAP) program exists to keep Avila University and its alumni in touch with one another, increase awareness in our Alumni Association programming and benefits, to gain alumni support for the ongoing mission of the university, and support the goals and mission of Avila University and the Avila University Alumni Association.
The RAP program provides personal contact between alumni with the purpose of engaging individuals from each region to build excitement around things happening at Avila and Alumni events. It does not replace the Alumni Office’s work, but rather it supplements it and helps to strengthen relationships between alumni and the Avila University Alumni Association.
As a RAP, you may be called upon to assist the Director of Alumni Relations with the following:
- Serve as an ambassador of Avila University by promoting the interests of the university, its students, and alumni in the community
- Organize class volunteers as needed
- Contact class members about upcoming regional alumni events
- Give suggestions and/or assist in the planning of Homecoming for your reunion years
- Relay information to the Director of Alumni Relations about alumni in your area that can be used in the Accent magazine and on the Web site to highlight their accomplishments and changes in their lives
- Refer names to the Alumni Association Board for consideration
of Alumni Awards if you feel someone in your region is deserving
- Communicate the ideas/wishes of Alumni in your region to the University in regards to activity programming and other issues impacting alumni
- Serve as a leader to encourage participation in events
- Permit Avila to highlight you in publications and feature your activities and accomplishments
- Help keep the University informed about changes in other regional alumni’s contact information and help to locate “lost” alumni
- Work with the other Regional Area Partners in your area
Volunteer to be your REGIONAL Alumni Partner!